Sleepless

January 13, 2021

After such a long time. Didiyo, I found my courage to post something. Not really important but this song– ah, really. I can’t help but recently I am into K-Female Soloist that much, for example; Heize and now it’s time for Younha. Her recently song which called– Sleepless hit me that hard.


Feel so blue, but, this song perfect for this season and really represent my mood recently. Epitone Project’s lyrics, Younha's soulful voice, Kim Seon Ho's puppy eyes and the melancholic music video are.. perfect combination.

Turn without fail
I wake up
After take a sip of water
I had to sleep
But, the moments I loved you
Suddenly made myself lonely again

It is about man who's trying to continue his life after he goes through the hurtful a break-up. After the insomnia, he tries to wake up then forces himself to sit on his bed. He has blankly gaze for a while before opens the windows, allowing a ray of sunlight greet his face. It seems he has just found the courage to start anew after drifting in overwhelming sorrow.

With a lot of effort, he begins cleaning up all the traces of his past relationship. He manages to pick up his ex’s clothes and blanket and organise his table, but the trace of her still lingering on. Instantly he gets reminded of their beautiful memories. 

As if it was yesterday
The countless nights that loved you
Like melted ice
It’s useless
It is so unusual for me
My heart is cold again..

With his all, he used to live with her for such a long time. "As if it was yesterday" she still there, beside him. But the sudden break up that he wasn't ready for, make him feel empty and lonely. That kind of agony, the emptiness is so unusual for someone who habitually have someone else in their live. He comes with conclusion that everything he used to have before are become so useless, like the melted ice.

I'm begging
Please don't hurt me
Don't leave me
Please, don't leave me..

The lyrics and Younha's voice on that part was so painfully to be listened. 

This song take us back to the time when we went through the same agony of having to part with person who we planned to spend our whole future with. However, it also show us that crying and feeling sad after a breakup is not only a sign of defeat, but a disappointed in hope of our manifestation and how it hurt and how the other person means to us. And.. that will take enough time to heal until we are finally ready to fall in love again.

The MV's is so simple yet so damn heartbreaking. Autumn-Winter vibes. Cold but at the same time feel so warm. The earth tone pallets used and the low saturated tone, also the slightly sunlight/rainbows in between make it more touching. The most heartbreaking moment is when he taking pictures of himself. He consciously leaves some space at his side, as if pretending that his lover is still standing right next to him in those happy moments. It becomes clear that he has not fully come with his new life without her. 


The MV's closed by him, sitting by himself, sobering alone while watching the lights on the city. 

 

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Comment