Only Then

November 11, 2018

Listening to sad songs is my number one hobby. Not because I want to hurt myself, but in addition to chilling down, because ballad is slow and soft. Actually this song was released last winter, but I'm going to write especially to welcoming my favourite month; November rain.

I remind silent for a while while held my breath after solemnly watched the MV last February. As usual, Roy Kim- my solely autumn boy, coming back with another heart-wreaking pieces; Only Then.


Typical another Sangwoo's song, this is heart-breaking but not violent in delivery.

This song conveys a message about the overwhelming sadness and despair of a man who feels his relationship with his lover has been on the edge and he is trying so hard to avoid a breakup that seems in sight. 

The way to love me isn’t hard
Just hold me tight like you are now
We don’t know what will happen to us later
But I like that nothing’s decide.

Who cares what others say?
We can’t live without each other,
So what’s the problem?
We can be more in love together.

It's clearly tells the heart of a man who doesn’t want to break up for reasons that he thinks are not stronger than their love. Just like the tittle “Only Then”, he also wants to tell that there is the best time to break up. This is really interesting for me as a woman, through this song, perhaps I can know a little about how a man views in a relationship.

If you start to like someone else
If I get used to not being with you
When that time comes
When it’s that time
Only then..
We can break up..

It really hurts to know the fact that you have to be knocked out from someone life just because that person start to liking someone else. Leaving you in a one-sided love situation, leaving you in a cold and dark space called loneliness. Maybe we all have been experienced the same thing, wanting the relationship to continue even though it is almost impossible.

The way to love you isn’t hard
If I smile once more and care for you more
The way we love isn’t hard
If we look at each other like the first time we met

Somehow it feels like a little encouragement for couples who are struggling in a relationship and as a reminder to keep loving each other whatever the state is. Love is like snowflakes in winter, comes and goes. Even though it's solid, frozen and hard, it will eventually melt in the end.

Whether you want it or not,
I’m going to hold into you
When I get too tired that I can’t even walk
When that time comes
When it’s that time
Only then we can break up
Only then we can break up
..

The lyrics is just simply beautiful and have heart touching element on it. His voice has the perfect blend of manliness and softness, mix of hope and desperate. The lyrics are really sad but give me a new point of view at many things, especially about love. The music video is another reason why I fell so hard with this song. The concept is so much Roy Kim, simple but convey so much emotion. It have similar shade like another previous Roy's MVs; When Autumn Come, Stay and I want to Love You. The colour palette are dominated with dark blue, white, grey and slightly orange which certainly brilliant. Whoever directs his all his MVs, I am a huge fan of you!


I will summarise Roy Kim's version about "When is the right time to break up" according to this song.

First, when one of them loves someone else.
What is the point of loving someone who already loves someone else?
It doesn’t called love anymore, it does called obsession. You’ll be always be in comparison if your lover already have someone else in his heart. Remember the power of letting go, the biggest love than having them. It is not a bad thing if he decides to choose someone else. It is his right to choose what he thinks is the best for himself, but in condition he must be honest about his feeling. Even though it is not be a pleasant thing to be abandoned because he want to be with someone else, but later he will also know how much the love we ever had for him..

Second, when one of them can live without each other.
A person presence in our lives is very influential. It's very difficult to get used to living without someone who is always stay in our side, like in every single moment in our lives, as a habit. Losing someone will throw us away to the emptiness and loneliness, and not everyone ready to face it. Juts give a little more time to get used living without.

Third, when one of them is getting tired in a relationship.
There are people who suddenly ask to break up but they can't answer properly why is the reason. I don't think it's because that person just wants to break up for no reason, perhaps it is because the reason has been over-stacked until nothing can be revealed anymore. Perhaps because that person is so much tired. Tired can means different. Tired of struggling, tired of giving up, tired of holding back, tired of trying to understand, tired of each other's shortcomings, etc. Everyone has a limit to endure pains. And when that limit has been reached, it will explode. 



Those are several messages that I can get from this sad-beautiful-deep song. I hope Roy Kim can still be loyal in this kind of vibes. 
I live in this exact "lonely life" so it is a relief to have Roy Kim’s song as accompaniment in this melancholy season.

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Comment