Sosial Media Detox

July 31, 2018

Soon, the 2019 election will be held.
I was diving in CNN that afternoon and.. I suddenly stop scrolling my feed, let out noise sigh.
Hufft~~ Social media  getting worse.
You know what I mean, right?
I hate the fact that social media is now often misused. Truth becomes unclear. It's all depends on the news-maker who is mostly not neutral and impartial.

The poison world populated by toxic people.
TOXIC.


As a born introvert, I enjoy spend the time to myself and often need it to recharge and relax. Regardless, just like other millennial children, I just like most of tech-minded generation. Too addicted in my devices and all things about virtual activities. I always miss the message all the time but smartphone always in my hand. Such a coward.

That afternoon, something hit right on my head.
I never except something like this will happen to me. 
BAAAAAM!!! Now.. 
I knew how to be bored.

Social media getting suck.
Social media is tiring.
Social media is frustrating..

Every time I see someone's update in my feed, I will mutter in the heart,
"Fake people".

Do you feel the same?
Or it just me who being radikal?

We forced to live with similar mindset with "We buy something that we don't need, with money that we don't have, just to impress someone that we  don't know". We are realise everything is useless but we do it anyway. We busy proving others if we have no worries. Tryin' to share the best part in our live just for make other people envious and jealous.

The question is, "Are we really happy?"
or "Did that people really paying attention to us?"

It's no different if we talk about our country. Headline of the portal news always about 'he' who still occupied the throne, corruption, about election day, etc. Social media can be a scary place. When something happens in the world, it could be get emotional response from netizen, things quickly become particularly evil  and ugly, no more healthy mentality. I choose to take a break from the news. A temporary rest from news does not mean that I don’t care about what’s happening in the world. It means that, like any human being, I have a limit. There’s a lot going on and it’s easy to get stuck in anger, hate and misery and that doesn’t help anyone. There’s a lot going on and I can do anything with that.

In the other hand, getting addicted with digital stuff, I feel as though I’m never completely present. I prefer to chatting with ‘nugus’ who far away from us instead having a talk with friend who sit beside us. I always busy to taking pictures, picking the best photos and immediately updates in my sosmed rather than enjoy the nature with my sense, with my heart. Like, I never really enjoy and see things. 

I think technology is, in many ways, a wonderful thing— it’s amazing in some ways, we can travel around the world just by going online. I love interacting with and learning from people who would otherwise be strangers. But, in other way, there are so many annoyance can be happen. We misspeak, misunderstand, misinterpret, misdirect. Most of us are getting angry, upset, sad, guilty, happy of this kind of nonsense, like.. hello! something not really happen but we are worrying all the time. It's tiring. A lot. The most annoying things is, It’s so frustrating to jump in and share an opinion on social media. Discussion forum rarely does constructive and come out with rational and healthy result. Instead, it becomes a thread of one person finding ways to gets the validity of another person’s opinion based on some personal attack end up with virtual bullying and yep.. comment section war.

Believe me, the biggest sin in this generation is social media offences.

SO..
For the sake of my mental health..
DETOX. I take periodic breaks from social media. I just want to take care of my mental sanity so firstly I step away to Instagram. I archived lots of my photos, removing my profile picture and stay out from this for a whole week.

It's been a week and when I log in back into my accounts, IT FEELS SO GOOD. I see something that I never look before, with clearer eyes. It's really good for our mentality, guys! Juts try it. You'll become relieved!

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Comment